Last updated: 17/02/2021
Your access to and use of the Site is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Site.
By accessing or using the Site you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Site.
The Site and its original content, features, and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Assuré Magazine and its licensors.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Site may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Assuré Magazine.
Assuré Magazine has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Assuré Magazine shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
Corrections and Changes
While we endeavor to keep the materials on the Site up to date, we cannot and do not assume responsibility for any errors or omissions in these materials. We further do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. We may make changes to these materials, or to the products or services described herein, at any time without notice, and make no commitment to update the information contained herein. If you do become aware of an error, please contact us.
Any photograph, information, know-how, idea, suggestion, material, or other content provided to Us or posted on this Site, will be collectively referred to herein as a “Submission.” When providing a Submission you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct below. You retain ownership and in no way surrender any copyright in Your Submission, unless otherwise agreed. A Submission not owned by You or for which You have no permission to submit will be considered a violation of this Agreement, and may be a violation of federal and/or state intellectual property and/or other applicable laws. You specifically represent that for any Submission provided to Us it is (i) your original work, or is properly licensed, and does not violate the copyright or any other personal or property right of any third party, and that (ii) You have obtained any and all releases and permissions necessary for posting the work.
Any Submission received through this Site will be deemed to include to Us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, republish, transmit, disseminate, distribute, perform, and publicly display all content, remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information in the Submission, in whole or in part, without additional approval, to incorporate any Submission in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, in connection with this Site and Our affiliated web sites and publications. We will not be required to treat any Submission as confidential.
We provide no compensation for Your Submission or for Our use of a Submission. We will not sell individual reproductions of your Submission. We assume no responsibility or liability for the timeliness, deletion, delivery failure or failure to store images.
You agree and warrant that any Submission conforms to our policies and guidelines concerning the size, length, format, subject, relevancy and content. Content that we deem unacceptable, inappropriate and/or objectionable would be the following, which list is not a complete or comprehensive list and may be amended at any time:
- Implied pornography
- Contains racial, religious prejudice and/or is offensive to people of a certain race and/or religion
- Content depicting hate or malice towards minorities, religion, etc.
- A fully digital manipulated image where NONE of the sources are your own photographic work
- Copyrighted material posted without permission
- Threatening, vulgar, harmful content
We provide no guarantee that a Submission will be posted or published. We reserve the right to refuse to post, or may remove at any time, any Submission received through this Site for any reason.
Code of Conduct
You agree not to do the following:
- Use the Site for any unlawful purposes.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site. This includes, without limitation: (a) using, or attempting to use, any account without the User’s permission, (b) obtaining or soliciting another User’s password or other personal information under false pretenses, or (c) impersonating another User or otherwise misrepresenting Yourself to Us, the Site’s systems, or other entities.
- Interfere (or attempt to interfere) with the operation of the Site. This includes, without limitation, (a) interfering with, defeating, or circumventing any security function of the Site, or attempting to do so, (b) accessing, or attempting to access, any portion of the Site that You are not authorized to access; and/or (c) modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, resell, retransmit, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site. Unauthorized access (or attempts) may subject You to civil and/or criminal penalties.
- Post, store, or transmit any unlawful, harassing, inflammatory, libelous, threatening, false, defamatory, abusive, obscene, harmful, vulgar, nude, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable, as determined by Us.
- Post, store, or transmit any information or material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation.
- Post, store, or transmit any advertising, promotion, or solicitation of goods or services for commercial purposes except in any areas of the Site specifically designated for such purpose, and subject to applicable Site rules.
- Use the Site to post, store, or transmit any information or software that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other harmful or disruptive component.
- Use the Site to post, store, or transmit materials in violation of another party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights. You are solely responsible for determining whether any material You post, store, or transmit is subject to a third party’s rights.
- Misuse any e‑mail information available on or through the Site. This includes, without limitation, sending unsolicited commercial e‑mail to any User, bulk e‑mails, “spam,” chain letters, “mail bombs,” or other disruptive transmissions.
Confidentiality of Site
While We endeavor to create a secure and reliable Site, please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from this Site over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, We and our Affiliates are not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the Internet. You assume the sole and complete risk for using this Site.
We, in Our sole discretion, may post advertisements of third parties on the Site. Your correspondence or any other dealings with advertisers found on this Site are solely between You and such advertiser. You agree that We shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on this Site. Moreover, We shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party on this Site. You shall not knowingly or intentionally interfere with the display of such advertisements.
Term and Termination
This Agreement will take effect at the time You begin using this Site (thereby indicating acceptance of these Terms and Conditions). We reserve the right at any time and for any reason to deny You access to the Site or any portion thereof, and to terminate this Agreement. Termination will be effective without notice.
You will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Us and all of Our employees, agents, directors, officers, proprietors, partners, representatives, shareholders, servants, attorneys, predecessors, successors, and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs, and/or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and litigation expenses), relating to or arising from Your use of the Site, any breach by You of this Agreement, and/or any other matter for which You are responsible hereunder or under law.
Governing Law & Dispute Resolution
The validity, construction, and performance of these Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands.
The Site is controlled and operated by Us from Our offices within the Netherlands. We make no representation that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where any of the contents of this Site are illegal is prohibited. If You choose to access this Site from other locations, You do so on Your own volition and are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
Your use of the Site is at your sole risk. The Site is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Site is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
Exclusion of Liability
Neither Assuré Magazine nor any affiliated person, employee, agent, officer or director shall be liable for any loss suffered by any contributor or other person arising out of or in connection with a contribution, whether direct or indirect, including loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or anticipated savings, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of data, and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, except in respect of any liability for death or personal injury or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.